Central heating using radiators in an open plan house with high ceilings

patently, you never have.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

50% right. You need to bring it on typically a vouple of hours before you would a conventional system, but simple temp monitoring workes prtty well for me. Teh feed forward is just a differentail applied so that te heating firtes up a bit when it senses a falling temperature coming towards the required temp. Its a bit of a nicety and not really necessary.

From what I remember hearing in other

Possibly, BUT with decent isulation its really not necressary. maybe it koncks a percent or two off teh heating bill.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You know nothing of CH control, especially UFH control.

Most certainly, in a changeable climate like the UK.

With decent insulation, and a house that is reasonably well air-tight with good insulated windows (low "e" or triple glazed), you don't need UFH at all. A couple of fan Mysons can bring the house up to temp very quickly and incidental gains will keep it ticking over.

Reply to
IMM

I'm just wondering why you use the newsreader you do to spread the threads that you reply to all over the group.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Posssibly not, Eliza. But I have been running it successefully for 2 years, and the above is what I have found in practice.

But don';t let practical excpernec get in teh way of glossy brcxhures and teh Bunper Book of How Things Work.

yeaj, right.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No he's right. As long as you hermetically seal the house, and use enough insulation to fill everything apart from a small space in the centre where you can stand, then this should be more than enough........

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Certainly not.

More luck than design.

Exactly. Keep away from them.

Good, you are learning.

Reply to
IMM

You are getting it. Look at the Canadian R200 standard. Regularly implemented in Canada and all over the world. They achieve air-tightness no one in the UK can. You are used to bad design and construction and think it the norm. Sad really.

Reply to
IMM

I prefer to open the window rather than live in a hermetically sealed box....... .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You didn't look at the spec did you? They have heat recovery and vent, which is a better than opening windows, especially in sarf Lahdan or the towns around it. All those burglars waiting to climb in. Heat recovery and vent give a permanent fresh feel to a house.

Reply to
IMM

teah, and teh capital cots of all that exceeds my annual oil bill by a factor of 100...not to mention the energy used in making it all...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You need to look again.

Reply to
IMM

I don't need to look at the spec. I simply want to open the window when I want fresh air. What do you find difficult about that concept?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think he is trying to say (but not succeeding as usual) that you would not need to open the window, unless you want to, there is a difference between wanting to open a window and being forced to open a window - would you really want to open a window if there was a force 9 gale blowing towards it ?...

Reply to
Jerry.

I'm just wondering why you use the newsreader you do that can't work out it's part of the same thread ;-)

Actually, looks like he's using a mail-to-news gateway, and something (that gateway or his mail client or whatever converts news into mail for him in the first place) is losing or failing to create the References (or In-reply-to whilst it's mail) headers.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You can do that with an air-tight house too. But allow all those Sarf Lahdan scallies in the windows? You must be joking.

Reply to
IMM

It may be the MIT M2N g/way. I'll ask.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

What a stupid statement. You (WE? Hah!) have not "established" anything. I have enough experience of houses with UFH to form an opinion. "I hate UFH. It is horrible. Ghastly. I would not like to live in a house which has it".

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

You suffocate.....

Reply to
usenet

half of Canada and all of Scandinavia must be dead then.

Reply to
IMM