Central Heating timer control reccomendations?

Hi, As in header. I have an older gravity fed and pumped system. the present timer is a clunky type which we have to keep switching on manually as its knackered! Any ideas/recommendations for a good reliable programmer? tia. Stuart.

Reply to
srt

The Rolls-Royce of heating controls is the Honeywell CM927. It allows you to set different temperatures for different times of day and different days of the week. You can also tell it if you're going out a few hours and the house can be a bit cooler until you get back, or if you're away for a week so that you have frost protection while you're away but come back to a nice warm house. It's wireless so you can take the controller/thermostat into whichever room you happen to be in. Costs a hundred quid, mind.

Martin Pentreath

I usually fit

have never had one fail.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

the hot water - and Honeywell don't make a gold-plated Rolls-Royce model that does all that *and* the hot water.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

this ones, always been good to me

of piss to fit.

Reply to
Vass

piece of piss to fit.

But no boost button for the CH.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

> piece of piss to fit.

boost button on it, cant remember what it does :-)

Reply to
Vass

Mine are the Horstmann programmer and thermostat:

is the 3 channel for 2 heating circuits and HW - available in

1,2,3 or 4 channels)

me,they're virtually ideal - very little I would change if I designing from scratch. Very easy to use, very flexible, sensible defaults - and looks good.

(I'd make the programmer with pairs of change-over contacts per channel (for flexibility) rather than just a single CO contact - and I'd have the thermostat switchable to display "temperature now" rather than just the set-point - but that's all)

Reply to
dom

The Rolls-Royce of heating controls is the Honeywell CM927. It allows you to set different temperatures for different times of day and different days of the week. You can also tell it if you're going out a few hours and the house can be a bit cooler until you get back, or if you're away for a week so that you have frost protection while you're away but come back to a nice warm house. It's wireless so you can take the controller/thermostat into whichever room you happen to be in. Costs a hundred quid, mind.

have one of those, and it does as it should.

However, I cannot understand why the the tagret temp is not displayed on the main screen and requires a button to be pressed. Rather poor UI in my opinoin...

Reply to
JoeJoe

Without pressing any buttons it acts as a handy room thermometer to let you see what the temperature really is rather than what it ought to be.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

>>> I have one of those, and it does as it should.

My alarm clock displays in the corner of the screen (at all times) the times of the two alarms, saving me having to confirm them before I turn it to on. This is what I am/was after.

Reply to
JoeJoe

> piece of piss to fit.

They do have an "Advance" button which moves the CH on to the next clock position.

But the one I bought, the buttons slowly got harder and harder to operate until it packed up altogether. Screwfix swapped it without a murmur. The replacement's been fine.

Reply to
Huge

>>> I have one of those, and it does as it should.

Get a Danfoss TP7000 which will do all of the same and also let you see both temps on the screen at the same time (or a clock, whichever you prefer).

Reply to
funkyoldcortina

I have a Danfoss TP9 which uses a remote temperature sensor.

The sensor replaced the previous room thermostat, using the same wiring.

I think that the modern replacement is the Danfoss 087N7892

Michael Chare

>> piece of piss to fit.

I cant remember what I got, but its three separately timed zones. I use one for UFH, one for CH and one for DHW. boost, off completely and override on 24x7 each and every channel.

Newey and Eyre probably.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher