Central Heating systems

Does anyone know how many litres of water is heated in a typical 3-bed semi central heating system?

Micheal

Reply to
Michael

Probably less than 100 litres.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Non if it's turned off ! :-)

Reply to
woodglass

omg-go to the shed, get a few 1's 3 2's and a bag of zero's

Reply to
Gav

I'm not sure that I get where you're coming from on this one. Do you mean the matter is entirely irrelevant? Or do you mean that my response was simply numbers taken from the air? Either way I don't agree.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

certainly wasn't trying to humiliate you, i was merely saying that there could be alot or a bit, depending on size, age etc etc. i don't know why the question was asked but it prolly makes no difference unless you are wanting to make the system work at maximum efficiency by eradicating long pipe runs that could be routed to serve rads close by. if you were wanting to be super efficient you wouldn't consider the water content too much more the lagging of pipes, insulating walls, roof space etc. if it is the inhibitor levels that are required then there are kits that annalyze this and even electronic gadgets that do it too!

Reply to
Gav

or if the op wants a definitave answer then he/she could fill it and then turn off the water then get a measuring vessle and spend all day at it!

Reply to
Gav

This question is usually posed by someone who wishes to know how many tubs of inhibitor to buy. The answer is than one tub does a 'normal' sized house. Which is one tub more than many of the less thorough installers use.

Reply to
Ed Sirett