Central Heating Question

Hi I just saw the question about leaving hot water on all the time or only turning it on when needed. I don't have a choice as my hot water is not on a timer.
What about warm air central heating using gas. Jemplair I think is the manufacturer, can't be bothered going downstairs to have a look (Make coffee while you are in the kitchen)!
When the winter comes should I have it on for a couple of hours in the morning then off untill 4:30 then on till midnight or should I leave it on all day? I put it off at night as it keeps making noises and disturbs my sleep. The timer is only a daily one so when the weekend comes I have to remember to switch it on and off again.
Opinions welcome Jackie

Our GFCH is as economical to run all the time during the winter rather than timed, also constantly on makes for a more pleasant environment and the house stays dry.
Pete

Jackie,
Warm air heating has a very fast response rate. In short it warms up fast. Do not have it on when you are not in the house, unless you have a minimum temperature setback of 10 to 15C. Some people do this when on holiday in the winter to prevent cloth and furniture getting dampish.
The same for hot water. Do not keep it on all the time, unless you need to.

from keeping you comfortable, the heating also has to stop the water in pipes anywhere in the house from freezing in winter.     So, if your house is well insulated (eg probably modern and cools down quite slowly when the heating goes off) you can probably switch off when you are out at work or are in bed.     Another factor to be considered is if you have any houseplants which have to be cosseted with temperatures above, say, 10C (50F.)