Central heating not working...

Central heating is not working. In the last month or so I have moved some of the CH wiring, however I was meticulous about making sure it was reconnected exactly as before.

I'm actually suspicious of the Drayton Digistat 3 roomstat.

It has two connection wires. Is this just a normally open switch that closes when it calls for heat? Can I just connect these two wires together to check out that this is the problem?

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

"RzB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

It's a changeover switch, normally wired as a normally open.

Can I just connect these two wires

Yes, - of course you're aware they're at mains voltage.

The fixed wiring should be connected to terminals 1 and 3 on the backplate

mike

Reply to
mike

Mike,

Many thanks. I thought that was the case..

Yes - well aware of the mains voltage..

They are indeed connected to 1 and 3..

I'll give it a try and respond with how I got on..

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Mike,

That fixed it - new RoomStat needed..

Many thanks for your assistance..

Roy

Reply to
RzB

"RzB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Oh, dear: it couldn't be the batteries, could it, I'm not sure how important they are.

mike

Reply to
mike

We've got a Honeywell room stat in the house we recently bought - there was enough charge in the batteries for the display to work and everything to look normal, but not enough to operate the relay.

It definitely might be worth changing the batteries (if it has any!)

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Mike/Steve, Good thought - but alas not the problem. In all fairness it has been a little battered in the refurbishment that been going on here, so it's not unreasonable. Roy

Reply to
RzB