Central heating noise?

Hi All,

I have a question relating to my parents central heating system. Its rather odd. They have a twin pump grunfoss pump plan system (only installed a few years ago) and most of their pipework is large bore 28mm to microbore manifolds. When the pumps and boiler are switched on the system is very noisy, seems to be lots of velocity noise etc. Unless the pumps are run at the lowest speed it is quite annoying.

My father installed a radiator recently and as a consequence drained the entire system down. On refilling with fresh oxygenated non-fernoxed water the system fell silent! A few days later the noises re appeared. Bizarre I thought the refill with non treated water would have caused problems but the opposite seems to be true for a few days anyway....

Can anyone tell me why this is the case?

Do you think a fresh treatment with Fernox will silence the problem?

Thanks for any comments, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew