central heating installation (nottingham)

I have recently moved into a two up two down terraced property that has no central heating. I would therefore like to have this installed (not confident enough with plumbing so therefore certainly not going to tackle gas).

I have read many of the previous posts on central heating and have gained a reasonable understanding of what I would like/require and what the raw material costs are.

Therefore can anybody recommend a heating engineer in Nottingham (I live in the Beeston area if that narrows it down)

Thanks in advance

Nick

Reply to
Nick

One alternative, if you would like to get confident with plumbing, is to install the system yourself but get the plumber to install the boiler. Installing radiators and pipework really isn't very difficult. Lifting the floorboards is the the hardest bit. For a completely new installation, you could use plastic pipework (except the 20cm visible final run to the rad which can be chromed copper) and run an easily subzoned manifold style system. The amount you save in installation costs would easily pay for programmable thermostats and zone valves for every room, along with fancy vertical radiators and kitchen fan convectors, rather than a bog standard Y plan with standard rads.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle