Central Heating Install

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a Central heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Speirs

How about in your house? [It would be wasted in the garden]

Reply to
Set Square

What reservations do you have? Tell us and we will help.

Reply to
IMM

He's going to just *love* being told he should have used two combis...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Ken Speirs writes

Not really no.

What are you concerned about

Reply to
chris French

Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement, you know.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Learning at last.

Reply to
IMM

What's going to be product of the month for November? Are you going to tell us now or do we have to wait?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

"IMM" wrote | "Andy Hall" wrote | > >He's going to just *love* being told he should have | > >used two combis... | > Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement, | > you know. | Learning at last.

I am very disappointed; I was confidently expecting as we moved into November that Combined Heat and Power was going to be the flavour of next month.

Perhaps two combi CHP boilers is the answer, one upstairs one downstairs, then when you are running a bath upstairs the bedroom lights come on automatically.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

Reply to
John

It depends how big they are. Of course if the entire place is filled with insulation and sealed then no problem anyway. A win-win situation.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You could also do it with 10 people per bedroom. All tango dancing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Japanese are really into instant water heating.The largest instant water heaters are commercial jobs with two of them probably doing a 200 room hotel.

Positive thinking. Very encouraging.

Positive thinking again.......at last.

Reply to
IMM

This has been suggested for backup. One natural gas and one LPG. Keep reading and learning. It is good for you.

Reply to
IMM

I suppose that you would think the district heating systems of the former eastern bloc would be good as well.

Some clueless designs with pipes of nearly 2m diameter with about 50mm of insulation. I saw some being replaced recently.

Visions of district heating stations with banks of wall mounted combis.......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think you have left it too late ...

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in the furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

Perhaps among the other things you desperately need to learn about is the meaning of 'instant'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No.

With thicker insulation I assume.

I did visit a block of flats once in the 1970s that had a bank of Ascot multi-points, A sequence controller brought each unit in depending on demand. Very effective.

Reply to
IMM

No. They have re-circ of DHW draw-offs.

Perhaps among the other things you desperately need to learn about is not to comment on fields you know sweet FA about.

Here is this Plowman giving you advise on CH..read on...

This what he wears, yes he does...he said... "Well, I got a rather flash pair of DeWalt boots from TLC, so there.;-)"

Sad isn't it. Big yellow boots. Yes. big yellow boots.

He also attempts to give advise and criticise views on heating, yet he said about his gas boier.......

"Mine managed over 10 years without being touched before it needed a clean. 'Sooting up' once it starts, happens very quickly."

He didn't have his gas boiler serviced for over 10 years, and knows all the answers in this field - he thinks. Only on the Internet you see this. These people are dangerous man, very dangerous.

Reply to
IMM

Then they're not an 'instant' heater. Which as you may not have noticed starts and stops on water usage. If you're circulating hot water all the time so it is instantly available, this is a form of storage system.

But I've just explained it for you? Was it too difficult for you to understand? Or perhaps like Humpty Dumpty you expect words to mean what you want them to?

Dear me, your needle has stuck - again. Can't you try and think up a few new insults?

FWIW, for one who so avidly reads and quotes catalogues, haven't you ever noticed the colour of DeWalt protective foot wear? Or perhaps this indicates your lack of interest in such things - sitting in your office all day dreaming?

I'd heard how people like you use a hacksaw for everything so decided to save about 1000 quid in 'routine servicing'. Of course I'd never stint on safety checks. But they don't make the same profit as ripping things apart for no reason, do they?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)