central heating inhibitor

I'm unsure if there is enough inhibitor in the combi system at my mum's. Must the system be drained down and then refilled with fresh or may I just add some (different as I don't know what's there if any) inhibitor?

AJH

Reply to
news

It's important tohave inhibitor in modern systems with lots of reactive metals. You need to drain down & start again as you don't know what's in there. Some different makes are apparently incompatable.

It won't cost any more, you have to buy a fixed amount anyway.

Reply to
harryagain

There is a self-adhesive label on most bottles, it should be completed and stuck on the boiler. If there's no such record, I'd drain and re-fill.

Reply to
amcmaho