Central Heating flushing.

What product should I use for flushing out a central heating system.

mark

Reply to
Mark

Hydrogen dioxide is pretty good.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

H02?

Reply to
Nick

Sounds a bit ionically challenged to me

Did you mean H2O ?

Reply to
geoff

Dihydrogen monoxide is easier to find.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Don't know that stuff, but- dihydrogen monoxide is lethal stuff. Just leave it to the experts.

clot

"Time for bed", said Zebedee

BOING...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sounds a bit dangerous to me:

Bob Smith

remember it offhand.

I've wound a few 'serious' people up with that...

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's a fun site. :)

Reply to
clot

It's safer to use hydrogen hydroxide.

Reply to
Steve Firth

.. >In message , Nick .. > writes .. >>The Natural Philosopher wrote: .. >>> Mark wrote: .. >>>> What product should I use for flushing out a central heating system. .. >>>>

.. >>>> mark .. >>>>

.. >>> Hydrogen dioxide is pretty good. .. >>H02? .. >

.. >Sounds a bit ionically challenged to me .. >

.. >Did you mean H2O ?

HO2 is best for back flushing ;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Thanks for the replies. I'll get some of that stuff. I'll probably dilute it to make it go further.

mark

Reply to
Mark

Only if it's "Pure".

SWMBO just went out and left QVC on the television, what a revelation.

Some stupid bint on there selling cosmetics saying this 'ere stuff for dry skin contains oil of cucmber seeds, bergamot, shea butter, aloe vera, rose and geranium. USW, USW, USW.

Goes on to say

"There is no water in this product because water isn't pure.

Erm, well, it's not organic.

Erm, err, the water in it comes from the plants ...

QVC Price £37.02 ( for 320 ml.) UK P&P £3.95 Buy more and save on P&P Available in 3 Easy Payments £12.34 plus P&P

They are selling "Organic" water on credit , eat your heart out folks, it's all sold out.

We are all in the wrong game.

Back to the topic, obviously the "best" stuff to flush your central heating radiators with is "Organic" water cold pressed from Cucumber seeds. ;-)

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

More slightly seriously because we should all feel guilty.... (well not really)

If you want something to flush around the system to remove light contamination then Fernox and Sentinel have good products that are added and the system run hot for a period of time.

Don't expect them to deal with badly sludged radiators because they won't. For that, the DIY solutions are to go out and rent a power flusher or to use my patented method of removing radiators and flushing them outside the house.

Once clean, of course you'll add some decent inhibitor from one of the two manufacturers mentioned above and not the Aldi special one, won't you :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Is a power flusher necessary or is it ok to take the radiator off and just squirt a hose through it.

Reply to
Nick

Just cleaning the radiators doesn't deal with crud that may have accumulated in the pipes or in the manifold - this is the problem I am experiencing. A couple of piles give a very poor flow despite Fernox Restorer and mains water backflush.

Reply to
John

And if it does nothing for your skin you can sprinkle it over your salad.

Still cheaper than inkjet ink though.

Owain

Reply to
Owain