Central Heating Boiler problem

Hi

I have a Vokera 12-48 R.S Mynute Central Heating Boiler at the moment which is behaving a bit strangley! When the Heating comes on the pressure rises gradually up to and beyond 3 bars (which is when I panic and turn it off!) However when I switch it off the pressure drops back down again below 1 bar.

I have recently changed a broken fan but other than that nothing has changed since it used to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Reply to
James

It shouldn't get beyond 3 bar : you should have a system overpressure valve which vents at 2.5 to 3 bar. The ones I have seen are testable by pressing the button on the valve. The excess pressure will vent outside via the vent pipe. Otherwise, the reason the pressure rises maybe that your air reservoir is empty of air ( via a leak in its diaphragm or a leaky bicycle valve ). This item usually looks like a large metal doughnut, possibly painted red, out of the way at the back of the boiler, though they do come as separate items, and may look like a cylinder then. If you find the air reservoir, depress the nib in the bicycle valve - if air comes out that's a good sign though it may need pumping up. If water comes out you have a problem.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Expansion vessel is not working to absorb the water expansion. See the Sealed CH FAQ

repair/replacement instructions.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Did you by any chance get tempted to see what happened when you pushed in the schrader valve on the expansion vessel? Your symptoms are indicative of the expansion vessel having lost its gas charge or the connection tube to it becoming blocked. Take a look at the faq re sealed systems

Reply to
John