Central Heating & Boiler Not Playing Ball

Hi,

My central heating and hot water have suddenly stopped working. The gas boiler appears to be fine, and the pilot light is still happily flickering away. I've also set the system to be on "constant," so it's not a timer issue. What are the first things I should investigate to find out what might be causing this problem?

Apologies for the simple question.... this is my first home, and I'm new to all this but eager to learn!

Cheers,

mil.

Reply to
Mil

On the basis of very sketchy information, it sounds as if your pump may have failed.

But, to give a more accurate answer, we need much more detail of the type of system you have - because there are lots of varieties!

Is it a conventional or combi boiler? [Make and model would help]. Is it fully pumped, or does the primary circuit between the boiler and hot water cylinder (if you have one - which you won't if the boiler's a combi) circulate by gravity/natural convection? Is is a vented system - with a small feed and expansion tank in the attic, or a sealed system - with a filling loop and expansion vessel? If fully pumped, what control valves does it have? [This would normally either be a single 3-port valve (Y-plan) or two 2-port valves (C-Plan) - see

]

Reply to
Set Square