central heating

How much to put them back?

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Thats included in the implication of the rest of the sentence you snipped.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

cqn't get my mind round doing the bathroom (upstairs) as well as everything else

this year I want to concentrate on the electrics, central heating, double glazing and the downstairs (i.e. kitchen and sitting room)

hope ldoing the bathroom next year won't put too much extra on the plumbing bill

--

Gill Smith

can't understand why anyone would want to pressurise a heating and hot water system to something near mains pressure with the fluctuations that can have.. I believe the old attic cold tank and gravity fed boiler, which gives a decent shower is far less prone to serious leaks etc. A good condensing boiler feeding the heating and hot water system seems by far the best choice.

Reply to
critcher

I've just had the pleasure of a weekend away in a rented flat.

With a combi.

The bath filled at about the same rate our basin taps run at home. It was enough flow for a shower, but boring running a bath.

You can't get a trickle from the basin. If the flow is low the boiler shuts off and it goes cold.

And then of course I like the idea that if my boiler fails here I just turn on the immersion until I can fix it or replace it.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In message , Andy Champ writes

Sounds like the modulation isn't working correctly then

Most combis have a modulation valve which compensates for the flow rate

Reply to
geoff

Far better than taking the old boiler away for the weekend then IMHO:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

What's the minimum flow rate when modulated down? (on a tank it's zero...)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

How long have you been here boy?