Central Heatin timer

My central heating timer has just stopped working, so I'm going to replace it. It's a very old Randall 30 20 (mechanical type). I've picked up a Drayton Tempus One, but I can't figure out which wires to connect to which terminals on the wall plate. Anyone got any clues as to how to wire it up?

Thanks

Reply to
Slugsie

Rob Morley

Reply to
Slugsie

Session must have expired - here it is (may not be there long):

Tempus4page.pdf

Reply to
Rob Morley

Whoops, there's a space in there - if that doesn't work this should:

Rob Morley

The problem isn't so much the connections on the new controller, it's figuring out what the connections on the old controller are so that I know where to connect them to the new one.

Reply to
Slugsie

You'll have a live and a neutral feed which should be easy enough to find - they'll be directly connected to the motor (or find live with a mains tester and neutral because it's hopefully paired with the live). Then you'll have a neutral outlet and one or more switched live outlets

- you can probably identify these by holding a mains tester to each wire in turn and turning the switch to see whether/when it becomes live. Don't get bitten :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley