Central feed radiator problem

Hi everyone Can anybody help with a frusdtrating radiator/central heating problem?

My flat has unusual radiators with the pipes entering the rad in the center and not the ends as is normal. Some of the rads get very hot and some hardly at all. I have had the rads flushed, descaled and yet after a matter of months the same problem is back. The boiler is also a new combi.

Can one still buy these types of radiators? If I could replace them all with new would this solve the problem as they may just be all corroded on the inside.

I cant fit normal end valve rads as the pipes are buried in the concrete floor of the apartment and are very difficult to replace and would mean digging up all the floors.

Any one got any ideas ??? I am frustrated.

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated!!

Mark

Reply to
brilliant.ebay.ebooks

I've not see types like this but it is probably that they are like the micro-bore single ended valves. They probably suffer the same problem that there is an internal pipe inside the radiator which has broken/corroded off.

If the radiator gets hot in only a localised small area near the valve this would be an absolute indication of this problem.

An approach to replacing would be to extend the pipes left and right along the under side of the replacement radiator and use standard valves.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

here:

Yes the above could be the case... Or the radiators you have described could be designed for a single pipe system but can be used on a 2 pipe system. If there is a valve assembly at the back of the radiator this should have an internal regulating valve that can usually be adjusted with an allen key. This way you can balance all the radiators.

leighhales