Cement-won't-set problem

Hi

Got a bit of an issue with an outside doorstep and floor I patch repaired on Monday. It still hasn't gone off properly yet!

I used a sharpsand-cement mix, at 3.5:1, with plasticiser/waterproofer in the water, and I think in my haste I may have put a bit too much in - that's likely to have caused the symptoms isn't it? Also, it went a tad below zero that night - won't have helped either I suppose?

It's definitely harder today (Wed) than it was yesterday (Tues) but is it going to get there eventually? Or should I call it quits and redo the whole job?

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

I had some lime cut mortar that took about a month to set properly.

I haven;t laid any stuff the last two weeks, but even prior to taht it was only going frm 'slooppy' to 'soft crunchie' after a day, and taking many more days to harden off properly.

Be patient.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Chop it out and start again. Wait until the weather turns warmer. Try not to be so bloody petty 1950's.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Don't know what the above was all about, however I followed NatPhil's advice; for which thanks very much - it's now set fine!

David

Reply to
Lobster