Cement mixer (Aldi).

Is a similar one available elsewhere for a similar price? Will this fit into an ordinary saloon car (I assume it's supplied dismantled)?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I presume you missed getting one? I think machine mart do the same one, but a little more to pay.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I was going to go and get one tomorrow morning at 9. That *should* be when they're first available, unless I've lost a day - POSSIBLE.

Machine mart... hmm... wibbly wobbly web.somewhere.let'ssee

Reply to
Chris Bacon

lol I think I have, I must have slept in somewhere this week either that or these tablets are working?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

You've got tablets?!?! I've only got cheap booze, but I do my best!

About £180 including the dreaded! Delivery takes it up to a pint and a bit short of £190, & the Aldi thing's got a 3 year guarantee which suits my work pattern admirably.

Seem to have just upset some bird called "Dot", unintentionally, but never mind. Best have another 'cos I've got to get up early.

Cya!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

FWIW, I got one - it's a 550W motor, not the 380W on the web page. Fits into my car's boot - would probably fit on the back seat if I had opened the box. Looks good, but I'm not working outside in this weather, though!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Blah, blah, blah

Reply to
manatbandq

What's up, I suppose you're too thick to see what's DIY related and what isn't .

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Blah, blah, blah

Reply to
manatbandq

Tesco, bless 'em, are selling the same thing for £200 (you get a penny change). Interesting comparison - Aldi, £129.99 - Tesco are £70 dearer! They haven't got the power rating right, either!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I considered buying one, then inspected it in the shop, to find that it is horribly dangerous, and could easily cause fatalities if used.

It says 1420RPM on the box...

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Heh, I saw that, too - "no load speed" - I think something's been lost in the translation (I think 29 RPM is a bit nearer the mark!). After I got it back 'ere, I noticed that it says "Seek assistance from staff when buying this item due to its weight" or words to that effect. It

*was* a bit awkward to put in the boot, that's fersure.
Reply to
Chris Bacon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Bacon saying something like:

Why don't you post an advert, just to liven things up?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I haven't got one to post - however, if it's OK with you, I will e-mail the next commercial advertiser to congratulate them, offer my support in case their ISP is contacted, and write an additional FAQ. Whatever you like. 'K?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Bacon saying something like:

'Angin's too good for the like o' you. :)

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Blah, blah, blah

Reply to
manatbandq

That's not the speed, that's the maximum duty cycle before the guarantee is void :-) . 1420 revolutions per month.

Owain

Reply to
Owain