celotex adhesive

A previous owner built a single storey extension with a pitched roof on the North facing side of our house. I now want to stick some celotex sheets t o what was the external wall of the house, inside the pitched roof space. Insta-Stik foam adhesive from Screwfix looks expensive. Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative that works? Thanks.

Reply to
kent

I had good results with No Nonsense Gun Grade Foam, I was sticking the Celotex onto an existing painted PB ceiling though.

Reply to
gremlin_95

On Sunday 12 January 2014 21:34 gremlin_95 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

+1

And don't forget, a can of foam goes a long way in this type of application.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Or long screws and penny washers. The joints still need to be sealed.

Reply to
harryagain

he North facing side of our house. I now want to stick some celotex sheets to what was the external wall of the house, inside the pitched roof space. Insta-Stik foam adhesive from Screwfix looks expensive. Can anyone sugge st a cheaper alternative that works? Thanks.

What are you aiming to achieve? Which warm area do you want to insulate fro m which cold area?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

i use pinkgripdryfix foam. It now comes in a can which either works with a foam gun (and can be kept between uses) or with a plastic squirty fitting where you must use it all at once

The set foam is flammable [george]

Reply to
george - dicegeorge