Ceiling tiles.

I have a number of rooms where the ceiling has been rather pitted when someone removed/scrapped off a load of artex. In addition to that the joints between the Plasterboards has cracked. End result is rather unsightly and though the board seem firm enough, If I cover them up with paint ever so often when i go into the loft space my movements up there causes the cracks to reappear.

A simple solution would be to use ceiling tiles to cover this up. However I wil lstay well away from the Polystieen ones as I would rather like to keep my life in case of a fire.

Does anyone know of anything on the market place, that I could use instead. Perhaps some sort of fire retardent tiles? Perferably just simple rectanglar ones.

Regards

Jon Gilbert

In addition to any diy advice can someone supply with a dictionary/spell checker and a solution for my fat fingered typing :) PS sorry for the mass of typo's

Reply to
Jon Gilbert