CD Player (earlier thread)

Thanks to your encouragement - I bought a new laser pickup off e-bay. Fitted it today (10 mins and only one screw left over) and it works fine - it even now plays CDs made on the PC which it never managed previously.

Reply to
John

Glad to hear it....another DIY success!

Reply to
Bob Eager

would slacken off the spring anti-backlash device on the rack. Re-assembled it - and it buzzed a bit - smell of something hot and it was dead. I suspect the drawer motor may have been near the end of its travel and it overloaded something. Tape decks dead and light on volume knob is dead. Tuner works!

Reply to
John

Gone to the wheelie bin - farewell old friend. I used to think that making compilation Cassette tapes from CDs was amazing.

I think the problem was due to the flexible ribbon circuit connection causing a short due to being pushed in at a slight angle

Reply to
John