Cavity Wall Insulation Question...

HI

Building a conservatory .. becuase of situation I have to dig 1m to

1.5m to put the foundation in for a cavity wall. Will bring the wall up to 600mm(above DP)

Question: Do I/should I, cavity insulate all the way up, or just the

600mm above DP ?

also ... should I use a cavity closer at the DP point ..if I only insulation above this point ?

What is the normal practice .... Many thanks for any help.

ramrod

only the brickwork above DPC

definately not, the cavity needs to stay open to recieve any water ingress

Normal practice is to use wall ties at DPC level which the insulation sits on

Reply to
Phil L

Hi Phil,

Thank you for you help ....