Cavity Wall Insulation, air bricks, DPC

Howdy all

We had cavity wall insulation installed 3 or 4 years ago -- the blown fibre type.

Investigating a "dampish" smell in the house yesterday (I haven't found anything yet!) I went under the floorboards to check that the airbricks aren't blocked from the inside.

One was actually blocked with the remains of a wasps' nest, but all the others (only 6 in total, semi-detached house) are free ..... except that there are signs of the CWI around the perimeter of the air bricks. It occurred to me that maybe I ought to install some kind of frame around each brick in order to prevent this happening. Would that be overkill? Or to put it another way, what's the chances of CWI moving, and blocking air bricks?

Secondly, I noticed that some of the CWI has in parts gone down below the damp proof course: any harm in that?

Cheers John

Reply to
Another John