cavity size confusion 75mm / 80mm

I've suddenly got confused. I have drawn plans with a 75mm cavity, for full-fill batts. I recently heard a BCO saying "your walls will be 280", implying 2x100 leaf + 80mm cavity. I then did a lintel search and 80mm is much more common than 75mm. So what is it - 75 or 80. Can someone explain what's going on. Have the regs changed or something ? Yours confused. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

If full fill bats are 75 mm it is almost impossible to get them into a 75mm cavity without pushing out the wet brickwork, or to put it another way you need a small tolerance to construct the wall. Just don't worry some architects specify a cavity of "X" then use "X" width insulation. Bricklayers will just alter it by a few mm to accommodate

Reply to
Mike Taylor