Caustic Soda?

Someone told him a yacht would help him get birds.

Reply to
R D S

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Bob Eager" saying something like:

TVRs are shit, yes.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Hmm, I still don't see what use a rodding eye would be, short of the possibility of releasing an unquantified amount of effluent.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Both pans full as I explained in an earlier post. Normal drain rods won't go around the bend in a WC. Spring drain cleaner not long enough to reach blockage.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Help! Ouch!! I think me nose broken ....

Sticking plaster anyone? :)

Reply to
Adrian C

What for? Lent is in the spring.

Reply to
N Ron Hubbard

What is becoming quite clear is that despite - eventually - coming up with one or two comments germane to the actual subject of the original thread, Firth doesn't have anything to suggest thst you appear not to have already tried and thought about.

That clarifies beyond any doubt why he did actually post to this thread. Indeed, if you look back at *any* thread he's posted to, he rarely has anything useful to add to any discussion. I leave it to others to put their own interpretation on that.

Even when he does make a suggestion, quite clearly he doesn't have the nous or intelligence to think it through. The comment about the rodding eye is flawed. If it's below the blockage then a rodding eye is no use anyway; if it's above the blockage, then opening the rodding eye is going to release a whole shower of shit. I wouldn't fancy that all over me, I'm sure you wouldn't fancy it over you, perhaps it just happens to be what floats his boat.

I give you Steve "sharp as shit" Firth.

Reply to
The Wanderer

If my dad was a handyman, I'd expect this to be sorted by now

Reply to
stuart noble

Coming late onto this one, but if I was in the same situation, I would not want to use any chemical to clear the blockage, it is too 'hit and miss' (mostly miss I'd say) to be reliable.

After the rodding didnt work, I'd get a hosepipe out (I keep a hosepipe with number different fittings in the van for such scenarios, though rarely have to use it), and run the hosepipe in from below the blockage, as you did with the rods, then put the hose on full flow, and gently ease it up the pipe. Watch the flow, when it starts to turn from clear water to brown mess, you know you are getting there.

I did this with 2 man holes covers a while back - the first manhole cover was solid to the top, I do mean solid, not liquid, it needed shovelling out, and had almost solidified for around 2 feet inside the pipe. Blasting with the hosepipe from the unblocked end finally cured it after half an hour or so.

Although probably the muckiest job I do, it is by far the most rewarding, the customers are just so happy to be able to flush their toilet afterwards. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I got a pro in who spend the first half hour filling the water tank on his truck. Charged for time, of course. Then proceeded to cut a hole in the downpipe to get his hose in. Covered it by cutting a rubber coupling to fit round it - which of course leaked. Total charge 180 quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You didn't post any "facts" simply hollow rhetoric.

It seems that you are talking out of your arse, again, knobheaded coward hiding behind a stupid alias.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And he's been unable to explain what he was up to in simple English, a task most children manage to grasp by the time they are 11.

Did you have a point, other than the one on the top of your head?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Little baby throwing the toys out of your pram again Steve - ahhhh diddums then, we'll have to give you a little dummy filled with some watery custard to stop the tears running down those cheeks of yours - coochi coo then little one, I'll see if I can find you a little toy to help stop you crying.....

As "for hiding behind a stupid alias" - then in the ways of Usenet, the chances that *YOU* are doing the same thing are very high, eh-what old bean!

So, if I told you that my real name is "Take the Piss out of Steve Firth", would you belive that?

Unbeliever

Whose LOL at a stupid b****rd called Firth.

Reply to
Unbeliever

Well, if you cannot see the point of the statement - "Well, unlike you Steve, he was actually there so he will know all the facts" or the fact that the OP was clear enough to me (and others) - goes a long way to understanding the level of *your* intelligence.

BTW, Steve, you are getting a little repetative now, would it be possible to change the old song sheet for something a little more modern?

Unbeliever

Reply to
Unbeliever

Nah, he prefers the odd tin of gooey custard on the bed!

Unbeliever

Reply to
Unbeliever

As I said, hollow.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
Steve Firth

Context is everything, and you're far too dim to understand the context of either photo. And if your Usenet search skills were as good as you fondly imagine they are, you would know that and also know that I certainly don't own the custard.

Reply to
Steve Firth

*Very* *big* *grin* - you have just confirmed what a prat you are - and you don't even own the boat either.

Come on Steve, after blowing your own trumpet about your intellect, you should be able to come up with some better insults - but if they are as bad as your website and DiY advice, then I suggest that you give up.

BTW, with regards to my "Usenet search skills" they are good enough to find that some fellow called the "old codger" seems to be rather unhappy with you.

BTW, I see that the Medway Handyman has circumvented your font of wisdom - and cleared the blockage using chemical means - ah well, you were wrong!!

Unbeliever

Reply to
Unbeliever

I take it you means the space that resides between your ears?

Unbeliever

Reply to
Unbeliever