Caulking tool

Some time ago there was a recommendation for a caulking tool on this group. We bought one and it was superb but I can't remember the name and I want to recommend it to someone.

I think it was a Japanese-sounding name, it was plastic with several profiles. Far, far better than fingers whatever anyone says!

Please can someone remind me?

Mary Fisher

Reply to
oldhenwife

fugenboy?

jimK

Reply to
jim

Thanks, Jim, if that wasn't it it's near enough!

I knew someone here would come up with the right thing!

Mary

Reply to
oldhenwife

I believe there's a similar version called "fugi", which might tie in with your "Japanese" memory.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

SF sell them.

There is indeed.

The Medway Handyman

Or of you have a Lidl nearby they had a clon in thier offers not that long back. Stock may still be on the shelf, =A32.99 IIRC.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes! That was definitely it. What's more Spouse dug it out when I said Fugenboy - to prove me wrong of course - the Fugi has more pieces and in two colours, no doubt for different applications. It's also more expensive but it's been a real boon for him. I've supplied both names to my contact and thank everyone for their help.

Mary

Reply to
oldhenwife

and thank everyone for their help.

thanks from me too, i ordered one on ebay last night. [g]

Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

Good to hear from you again! 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well, I thought the same of you when I saw your post about how to remove a leaking cell from a Maglite ... 'Tha's Andy!' went through my mind :-)

We've had problems, desperate problems, because for the first time ever we've had tradesmen in the house. We thought it would be quicker to replace bay windows 'professionally' than for us to do the work.

No details but it hasn't been, it's been a nightmare. Over months.

And we've been to Greenland etc. and then my isp wasn't working well and it's taken me at least two weeks to organise another and ... and ...

Excuses, I know!

But it IS nice to be back :-)

Mary

Reply to
oldhenwife

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

Likewise!

*cough* been there, done that (tradesmen). I found that specific trades, well trade worked quite well - that being a plasterer. However, general builders have been the bane of my life.

Wibble. Isn't the only bit that's green the coastline? Other than that, what's it like?

Given the state of the country, Greenland seems like a nice option.

Reply to
Tim S

I have a friend who rates Iceland highly, particularly at present. He reckons the people are falling over themselves to apologise to the Brits (which makes a change from most countries, where we're the ones who ought to).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

They also do some great deals on fish fingers.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman