Cats - how to get rid if them

Begin 001 st bad assumption. MARY,YOU-SHOULD-KNOW-THAT'OUTLOOK-EXPRESS'FROM(R)MICROSOFT(R) IS'A-PILE-OF-STEAMING-DOG-TURD-THAT-DISOBEYS-STANDARDS!!! ' end

Reply to
Ian Stirling

So when you get a virus or suchlike, are you going to say "Why didn't someone let me know that this failing exists?" ?

Purely for interest, my software has the very same bug, but I put up with it as the software is otherwise immune to nasties directed at BillyGoat Bloatware.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Actually, two points.

First, if you can't find the alternayive keyboard mapping its Schroedinger, by convention.

Secondly, with Schrödinger, I am pretty sure its not the 'best' place for a cat, but an infinite number of super-posed places for an infinite number of potential cats, only one of which, at the moment of observation, will turn out to be crapping on your flowers.....

Ther are some schools of philosophty that propse that the way to deal with teh problem is therefre to *keep your eyes shut*. Withoutobservation, the cat may state infinitely potential, and never appear at all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's only because they were all gassed by the Carbon Monoxide from the cast iron relic :-)

Reply to
Peter Parry

How do you know it was there?

Reply to
Peter Parry

It won't - it will eat them. Last thing a cat want's to do is scare away meals on legs.

Interestingly we have several starlings and blackbirds nesting in hedges around us. The blackbirds seem to fall into one of two camps. One set stay very quiet when cats are around and by and large manage to be left alone to breed. The other lot jump up and down shouting at the cats and doing all the traditional bird decoy tricks (which are completely ignored). The net result is of course that within minutes there is a circle of local cats around that bush trying to see if the offspring are worth eating yet. It will be interesting to see the relative numbers in the two groups in years to come.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Do the snakes eat them?

Reply to
IMM

It seems like almost everyone in my estate, except us, has several pet cats. Most of them like to use our garden as their toilet. I resent the fact I have to pay money on chemicals to keep them away (that don't work anyway).

They do a great deal of damage to my plants and pets too. They dig up my herbs and crap on them, rendering them unfit for cooking. I have also seen one cat attacking my children's pet rabbits before I chased it off. Unfortunately I am not quick enough to catch them!

I think the government should introduce at cat "tax". All cat owners should pay it and it could be used to compensate householders for the damage that these creatures do (e.g. new plants and vets bills).

Mr Angry :-)

Reply to
spam

You must own an Aga or have a magnet bolted on your water pipes.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I prefer to look at it more positively. It's a pussy magnet ;-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah. The snakes are a bit too small for that, being about a metre and a half long and about 30-35mm diameter in the wide part of the body. As a general rule, a snake will eat something up to about twice to three times its body diameter.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Get your own cat. It would be cheaper, and you would reduce your stress levels.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You think all cat owners would pay the tax?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Even less likely is that the government, having collected the tax, would give it to non cat owners

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Mr Angry :-) wrote | I think the government should introduce at cat "tax". All cat | owners should pay it and it could be used to compensate householders | for the damage that these creatures do (e.g. new plants and vets bills).

But the damage done by cats is much less than that done by children. I think people who have children should have to pay procreation tax.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What about cats who have many members of staff? Would the Monday staff, The Friday staff or the Weekend staff pay?

Reply to
Peter Parry

I think the idea of caging them has greater attraction.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Garden centres mainly, the odd DIY shed too. Regards, Steve

Reply to
Steve Wilson

In message , Peter Parry writes

Shroedinger's Sprog ?

Reply to
geoff

Who cares? Once you have sealed it in the box it isn't going to be digging up your petunias for a crap...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice