Cats - how to get rid if them

You mean you're not perfect!

A failing one by the look of it. So you could be wrong in other ways.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

since they're such superior beings.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Soup wrote

Don't you think it is advisable to know of the bugs in the software you are using? Thousands of people have been caught out with viruses targeted at flawed M$ software because they trusted the M$ corporation.

Reply to
Alan

He merely forgot a second bug - two spaces after the 'begin'.

I have looked at using OE - but since I don't use Windows that is no longer relevant. Over the 22 years I've been reading news, I've lost count of the number of newsreaders I've tried - and OE would not be anywhere near the top of the list. The one I'm using is, however...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh, I understand now, thanks. Why couldn't the know-alls explain instead of taking the smarty pants attitude? It doesn't impress.

And I doubt that it works, it certainly won't with me.

Are they trawling the web looking for such bugs? Heavens, what small lives they lead.

Very wise.

Thanks,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's a little unfair. I'm quite happy to watch evolution in it's place, however we go to a lot of trouble (and expense) to feed the birds and have built up quite a good clientele at the bird table. Some of them are tame enough to come within a foot or so of us while we work in the garden and I really don't want a cat to start frightening them away.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Wiseman

Oh, c'mon...

You know more than I ever will on bee keeping and various crafts. Those will be around long after Microsoft.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Andy Hall writes

OK yours are an exception then

Yours though, it wouldn't be mine

Just about, Rabbits, Guinea Pigs and birds

accepted, what about the stress caused to others though?

TBH Andy I don't think you're the type of owner I would be complaining about anyway but then I'm sure you don't consider yourself an 'average' at anything

Reply to
David

The bees will?

Reply to
IMM

I just read that beekeeping is now fashionable among the young. I'm always too late to be fashionable.

Mary Fisher

Does anyone hereabouts?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Definitely.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's more than unfair. It's silly.

But I suspect that it was a deliberate provocation, it's not unheard of round here ... don't worry about it.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Annoying the neighbours?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We used to have a rabbit and a guinea pig and the cats never bothered them. In fact, it was not unknown for all four to curl up together in front of the Aga.

Maybe they should try pets as well..... :-)

I guess not :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't believe that it makes any significant difference.

We also have a number of wild bird feeders which are stocked daily with various things. A very wide range of species visit.

There are our own cats around as well as those of neighbours and they simply don't bother to go after the birds and the latter do not appear bothered by the presence of the cats at all.

This year we have a number of nests in the various undergrowth around the edges of the garden and again the birds have happily built and occupied them and raised their young.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

The same bees?

Reply to
IMM

Oh and Schrodinger, best place for a cat.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

"Mary Fisher" wrote

| I just read that beekeeping is now fashionable among the young.

Oh no, please not interminable series of "I Am Big Brother's Bee-Keeper" or "When Celebrities Get Stung"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nope. You need a new one every time you find out the room is too small.

Reply to
Ian Stirling