Cat5e Faceplate Wiring.

Hi

Im renovating my house so putting in a patch panel in the loft, 4 Pair, single core Cat5e and wall sockets. I have gone through the uk.d.i.y archives and checked the web and I understand there are two main wiring schemes, 568A and 568B.

However the faceplates I have, (bought at CEF), are marked with a 568B colour coded sticker. The layout on the sticker (

) does not seem to match the

568B wiring scheme, example here:
it does state on the webpage it is for kray jacks I did assume that pins would be in the same place on all Cat5(e) jacks.

As you can see in my pic the pairs are all grouped side by side. I cant see any pin numbers on the unit either.

Should I just wire up and match the colour coding on the socket and then copy this at the patch panel end?

Thanks all.

Reply to
Eric Cartman

The pins in the socket are - where and how they are arranged on the PCB are not.

Follow the colour coding on the socket and that on the patch panel.

Reply to
Peter Parry

On 23 Nov 2004 23:48:34 -0800, ERIC___ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Eric Cartman) strung together this:

You don't need to follow an online guide, use the 568B colour codes on the socket and at the patch panel. When you've finished pin 1 will go to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2 etc... on the sockets. Sorry I haven't gone into detail, I'm not sure what your question is exactly, or why you're confused.

Reply to
Lurch

Yes. Don't get too bogged down in how the manufacturer decided to route the cable from the socket to the terminals.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You should follow the colour coding. PCB layouts and connctor construction on different brands of socket vary.

If you are doing a fair number, it's a good idea to get hold of a CAT5 cable continuity tester so that you can make sure that all connections are through and correctly made.

Reply to
Andy Hall

This web site may help.

Andy Barron