RS even have external cat 5 cable in black - but only do it in 305M drums !! 130 quid+ ... Grr..
CandT
CandT wrote:

How about these instock at ebuyer.co.uk
Quickfind: 25536 Belkin Cat5e Assembled UTP Patch Cable (Black) 15m 8.18 inc vat
Quickfind: 43141 Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Black) 30m 7.52 inc vat
tho' it is patch cable like your dabs reference, not solid cable.
--
Toby.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:27:30 GMT, CandT wrote:

If you can afford to buy it do so, use what you want, keep a spare length then bung the rest on ebay either as single length or perhaps better per m or 10m.
There has been a couple of requests for external grade CAT5 in here in the last few months so there is a small market out there.
As for routing the cable modern houses have internal soil stacks. These are normally boxed in so have nice big gaps around and the generally go straight up from the concrete raft to the roof space.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

point
the
Shame on you - this is d-i-y - try http://osiris.urbanna.net/antenna_designs/projects/template / a very blue-peter-sticky-back-palstic soloution.
Andy McKenzie
Hi,
You could try putting the router on a phone extension elsewhere on the ground floor, if you have carpet shove the phone wire round the edge underneath! :))) Ebuyer do nice cheap RJ11 leads up to 30m.
Or try a wireless USB adapter for the PC, it will allow you to place it up to 5m away so should get a better signal, and less radio waves if you are sitting at the PC.
cheers, Pete.

This keeps cropping up. Run it in some 20mm Black Plastic conduit, then it wont be affected by wind, rain, snow, ice or some idiot putting a ladder against it.
Dave

As it happens, a friend of a friend is getting me 30m of exterior grade Cat5e for next to nothing, so I'm sorted.
In the meantime, I'll run a the cheap crap grey stuff so I can get it up and running, then use the old cable to pull the new stuff through the walls when I get...
Cheers all though...
CandT