cat water deterrent

I'd like to cobble, er construct, a water spray to deter cats in our garden. The electronic stuff I'm ok with with the hydraulics(!) a non-starter. I found some 24V water valves on ebay (expensive though) and they use 1/4" pipe (so advert said). Is there someplace you can point me to to buy mechanical bits from (valves, pipes etc) so they will actually fit together :-) thanks.

Reply to
dave

out of the box.

Alan

Reply to
A.Lee

Thanks for that. But I'd like to build my own if poss. + it is a bit expensive as I can do the electronics from the spares box.

Reply to
dave

Some ideas here?

Richard

excellent :-)

Reply to
dave

Iff all the local cats are scared of water. There's at least one that regularly visits my garden that isn't.

Reply to
Mark

Very funny -- but does demonstrate that this method does not stop the cats using your garden as a toilet.

Reply to
Mark

Turkish Van cat?

Reply to
Bob Eager

I too started work on a similar project.....see link..

plan is to use a car windscreen washer pump and a PIR detector. I didn't like the idea of 240v solenoid valves and happened to have some washer pumps which are very reliable squirt devices.

The 240v PIR is to switch the 12v transformer on and off thus operating the pump to squirt the cats.

As the birds have decided not to even try nesting in our bird box this year due to a ridiculously high cat population, I haven't quite got round to finishing the project.

Hope this helps or gives food for thought!

Reply to
nick

How about the water inlet solenoid from an old washing machine?

Will accept a normal BSP hose for inlet, and the outlet can be jubilee-clipped to a section of garden hose to a sprinkler.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Nothing works apart from antifreeze in a nice bowl.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Grief, does it have to be a _nice_ bowl?

Reply to
John

No. But the one I used was nice and it worked. Antifreeze is cheap, I've followed the expensive nice guy path.

Reply to
Mr Pounder