Cat spraying - how to deter?

I normally like cats but this one is trying my patience! Scabby feral tom cat is spraying right next to our side door. A mixture of bleach and bio washing powder shifts the smell OK ish, but it just seems to encourage it to re-mark its 'territory'. Any way to deter?

TIA.

Reply to
Simon C.

lion shit. Or a lion.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pressure washer?

Reply to
Bruce

Angle Grinder...?

Reply to
Ron Lowe

NT

Anyone tried; water bottles, toy snakes, orange peel?

Reply to
Simon C.

'Tin' foil plus one of those capacitors Harry was keeping for zapping his old batteries...

spamlet

spamlet used his keyboard to write :

No, no - you will need the high voltage low capacity, low leakage ones and charged up to a suitable voltage.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Lead!

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Simon C. gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

A vet with two bricks.

Reply to
Adrian

Simon C. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Air pistol/rifle, catapult, 230 volts, dog (most sizes) size 7 or over boot, the answers go on and on

Heliotrope Smith

Oh don't worry, I've had all these thoughts, plus 'weedburner' which has so many uses beyond burning weeds.

In future I guess I'll have to put 'serious replies only please' :)

But do carry on, joking or otherwise.

Reply to
Simon C.

A bit of calcium carbide ground up and covered in beef dripping would probably discourage it with extreme prejudice.

Reply to
dennis

Hmm... >> rifle, Hmm...

Hmm... >> 230 volts, Hmm... >> dog (most sizes) Hmm... >> size 7 or over boot, Hmm...

Hmm, ... Mornington Crescent!

Reply to
Ron Lowe

That spaceship from "Aliens" + suitable thermonuclear device. Nuke the bastard from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

They don't work. What I did with the Tom cat that was about to spray our new bedroom carpet, was to corner it, pick it up and do a rugby drop kick out of the house. That was over two years ago and it has only ventured back once and scrammed quickly when it saw me.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

What, as an ear tablet?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

No! Fired at the "tea tow holder" with an air-gun.

Reply to
1501

More or less what I did with a tom that was coming into our house. I still have the scars... This was a semi-wild farm cat tom so it "wasn't happy" about being caught, half strangled in a scruff of the neck, sat on and finally lobbed 15' out of the front door. Haven't seen it since. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thus spake Simon C. ( snipped-for-privacy@simon.com.) unto the assembled multitudes:

Next time the cat arrives, call Dr Who on false pretences (c'mon, use your imagination!), grab the cat quickly and throw it through the doors of the Tardis just as the doors are closing as the Doctor is departing in a bad mood because of having his time wasted, whereupon the cat will be taken away to another time and dimension. The Doctor, having resolved never to return to your back garden, will merely dump the cat at his next destination. Sorted.

Reply to
A.Clews