Cat pees in electrical outlet

Depends. If the cat had calculated the end result, it's a lot smarter than you.

Reply to
Richard

Not an argument, more a correction. Assuming the 0.2 ohms per metre is correct, as far as I can work out, 0.2 ohms per metre translates to 20 ohms per centimetre.

Reducing the length of the cube to one hundredth accounts for a similar reduction in resistance but this is counteracted by the cross sectional area being reduced to one ten thousandth which increases the resistance by the same factor. The net effect being a hundredfold increase in resistance measured across opposite faces of the 1cm cube compared to that measured using a 1m cube.

Of course, the practical consequences of a cat 'spraying' into a yank

110v outlet is likely to create a liquid path geometry which results in a much higher resistance path than the 20 ohm per centimetre measurement only realisable in a measuring lab. It's more likely to be a few hundred ohms unless the socket manages to become totally flooded by cat pee.
Reply to
Johnny B Good

How on earth did you get to that result? You've increased the resistance by a factor of 100.

Was it a 1m cube? I thought it was 1m between point contacts in water, 1m apart.

Cats pee a LOT. You'd only need about 10ml to fill a little socket.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I assume you mean 1 x 1 x 1000.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Resistivity of Sea Water 0.2 ohm-m as per:

Res = ohm-m x L / A (note dimensions cancel) Res = 0.2 x 0.01 / (0.01 x 0.01) = 20R

Any more arguments?

Reply to
Fredxxx

He couldn't calculate how to pour it out of his boots with the instructions written on the sole...

Reply to
John Rumm

Here you go:

John Rumm

I haven't done such calculations for 25 years.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

If we had wanted a large dog we would have got one. All dogs bark, but they can be trained not to bark excessively. But of course you knew this. A bully such as yourself would of course have a pit bull or similar. People on sink council estates tend to go for these sort of dogs to boost up their lack of self esteem. Now then Adam, I stumbled across this thread and answered your question. I don't live on usenet as Bod does. I have a life. I will ask again: Can you remind us of your convictions and police cautions?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire