Cat pees in electrical outlet

If we assume cats pee is the same concentration of salt as seawater, then its resistance is 0.2 ohms per metre.

If we assume the closest live and neutral get in the socket is about 1cm, then the resistance of the pee is 0.002 ohms.

At 110 volts, that would cause a current of 55000 amps.

Ok, so it could happen :-)

Don't they have fuses in the US?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Love the photo of the stinking cats on the bed. How disgusting. Just as I said, cats owners are pikeys with dirty houses that stink.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Where did you get the 0.2 ohm per metre from? You cannot calculate the resistance without knowing the cross sectional area of the metre of piss.

Reply to
ARW

Bugger. I searched for it and found the answer on google. I assumed it was talking about point to point resistance, eg measured with a meter, or in this case the terminals inside the socket. Of course if it was a very thin line of piss, it would be a higher resistance, but I'm assuming the cat flooded the socket.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Oh dear oh dear.

Resistance is proportional to *length* divided by cross sectional *area*

length over area has the dimension of one over length, or *ohms per metre*....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Stick a point source of electricity in a swimming pool. Eg the end of a live wire and the end of a neutral wire. That is the resistance required, as we can assume the socket is flooded with piss. Know anywhere you can get the conductivity of salt water? I'm just going by things I found on forums as it isn't officially listed.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

So are we talking about ohm metres or cats wih one metre cross sectional japs eyes?

Reply to
ARW

The electricity went though the discarded piss, not the cat itself.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I was,

or cats wih one metre cross sectional

Don't be sillier than is absolutely necessary.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh dear

Resistivity is defined as the resistance across a metre cube and a resistor has resistance depending on length and cross section.

Reply to
dennis

Don't make fun of Adam's sexual perversions.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

You are talking bollocks.

Reply to
ARW

Give him a break. He's got home, having worked like stink all day, and had a couple of drinks. He's entitled to be silly.

Reply to
GB

It was a male cat?

Reply to
GB

Are you asking a proper question or trying to to take the piss?

Reply to
ARW

I was taking the piss. Why do you ask?

Reply to
GB

That's nice dear. How are your fanny licker dogs?

Reply to
ARW

Yes but the *unit* is ohm-metres

newshound

Ok, once you're all done arguing, what is the resistance of salt water 1cm across and about the same wide?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

So too it appears are the people who wrote the wiki

I cannot believe how thick people are these days, this is basic O level science stuff.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher