Carronite Baths - opinions?

Page 2 of 2
replying to David Fisher, Perplo wrote: This is for anyone interested in IdealCast. I like them, but it's been a hassle. I bought one last year. During the fitting (I wasn't home) the plumber somehow knocked it over & it literally smashed in half. Not too surprising as I've a concrete floor. The plumber bought a replacement, and at the time the tiling was getting done, the tiler noticed a long hairline crack in the new bath. I'd had this bath sitting around a while, so couldn't say where this happened, so bought a third bath out of my own pocket. I knew I was taking a risk - to have 3 baths go wrong on you would be a nightmare, but the fact I persisted shows that I really liked this bath. When the 3rd one arrived, I checked it over carefully, then did the installation myself. This bath has been fine, and I'm very happy with it. It's very heavy, and you don't feel it moving at all. I dropped a couple of tiles on it whilst doing some retiling, and caused some scratches to the edge, but think maybe I can sand these out - I've got bits of one of the old bath to practice on. So... a quality bath, just BE CAREFUL with it!
Hi,
I bought a thick acrylic roll top bath from www.bathstore.com about4 years ago. It's really good - nice and warm, but absolutely no distortion - 'cos it's freestanding, it has to be strong.
Jeremy
snipped-for-privacy@nicorp.f.co.uk (Jon Nicoll) wrote in message

Hi All Thanks very much for all the info. It looks as though Carronite/Idealux(?), or one of the 'ultra-thick/strong' arylic baths is going to be well suitable.
Cheers Jon N