carport heater

Hi,

There's so much junk in the garage that I don't have room to work, so I'm having to saw, sand, etc under the car port. Even with a couple of coats on, I'm freezing. I wondered whether anyone has used any of these outdoor electric radiant heaters? I bought one a couple of years ago from a well known DIY store. It was like an oversized halogen PIR light with a red "bulb". It seemed to do the trick but one day the glass shattered without any warning. I've never understood why. Luckily the glass didn't land on me but it has put me off buying something similar again. Was I just unlucky? Should I try again? I think a radiant heater is the only option because convected heat would only blow away.

TIA

Reply to
Fred

If it is a well ventilated true 'car port' then why not a patio heater of the gas powered variety. They are radient and it could double up for those late night parties that the neighbours so much enjoy.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Open at one end; does that count?

I didn't know that. I thought the big criticism of these was that the heat blew away (i.e. convected)

Reply to
Fred

Few sheets of OSB, make an outdoor store, go back and work in the garage.

Reply to
Andy Dingley