Carpet question in light of New Year sales ....

Pretty sure I know what you mean - anyone got any pictures of the bare stairs before carpeting? Also, do you need to leave any gap from the wall/stair face to the gripper or just nail it in plush? Ditto with the corners.

Also, with the grippers - do you have to buy them to the same height as your underlay or are they standard regardless of the underlay depth?

al

You leave the same gap between the grippers and the right angle surface as you'd do between gripper and skirting board - ie about 1/2 inch. This allows the carpet to be pushed into the gap between the horizontal and vertical gripper to tighten it.

I've only ever seen one thickness of gripper.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)