Carpet over Laminate Flooe

I know this proberly sounds like a dumb question! but is it possible to lay carpet over an existing laminate floor, or should the laminate be ripped up?

Thanks

Alec

Reply to
alecgreen

Laminate should aways be ripped up.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Quicker to lay it over the laminate ie all you have to do then is take a couple of shavings of the bottom of each door/s

Reply to
George

This technique works fine until after a few iterations you reach the bottom hinge...

Reply to
Nick

Excuse Andy, he was bitten by a laminated dog from Aldi as a young lad.

I've seen laminate floor laid over carpet :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No problem, but don't forget the underlay, and the "mind your step" sign over the door...

Reply to
Bovvered?

Is that popular in Sittingbourne?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm reminded of the old public information film... "Put a rug on a polished floor -- you might as way lay a MANTRAP!"

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I try not to visit Sittingbourne, the only good thing there is Axminster Power Tools - and the A249 coming back out.

The laminate over carpet was in a bedroom in my daughters rented house.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman