carpet over laminate

We have a room where laminate is laid over the cement. We wanted to carpet over it. From previous discussions there is a problem of doing it when subfloor is cement - though I am not sure why . Also what do I do with the baseboards - do they all have to come out to have the carpet attached under or is there another way?

Thanks,

Ann

Reply to
Ann

Carpet can be laid up to the skirting. I can't see any reason why the subfloor should make much of a difference provided it's got some damp proofing. If the subfloor was damp you'd have noticed by now on the laminate. You'll raise the height of the floor by putting carpet over the top so your doors might not then open!

Reply to
adder1969