Carpet fixer

Is this a bit dear or cheap? wouldnt mind having one of them.

George

George

Cheap, very. When I was looking at carpet stretchers not that long ago y= ou didn't get change from =A370 but that was for a profesional grade/qualit= y tool.

If you are only into a room every year or so it may well do the biz, I'd= want adjustable pentration of the spikes and adjustable length but most =

important a well padded, but firm, knee end.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

DIY group? Tush! I made one years ago from scrap plywood, tacks & some foam.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Plywood? Foam? Eeh, thee 'ad it soft. When I 'prenticed at t' tender age of three un'arf to t' village carpet fitter we used to 'ammer six inch nails through us kneecaps an be grateful fur it.

An' when carpet fitting went quiet like us used to earn bob on t' side by aerating t' lawns of t' rich folk in t' big 'ouses.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Luxury!

Try tellin that to kids today - they won't believe you!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman