Carpet cleaning.

What's a good machine to hire to clean my 80:20 downstairs carpet with? C. 90 sq.m.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Probably the best bet for DIY use is the Rug Doctor. Homebase hire them out.

It has a built in powered brush to make the cleaning more effective. You pull the machine along rather than using a wand & hose.

They are however an 'open country tank', great for big open areas, difficult in small congested ones. Should be ideal for 90 sqm.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I'll look. I hasten to add that my 90 sq. m. is not one expanse!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Cheaper to get a 'carpet cleaner' in to do the job. Its bloody hard graft cleaning a carpet and back breaking stuff. :-(

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I'm gonna git me a Bissell QuickWash. Current selling at Argos for around 80 quid.

MM

Reply to
MM

You don't rate a George, then?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Reply to
meow2222

Well at least you won't have a closet full of vacuums any more!

Reply to
Richard Conway

Then you can lend it to CB. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Nah, don't do that.

Buy a Numatic Hot Water Extraction machine as it's the closest you'll get to a pro machine.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Not with a self contained extractor like the Rug Doctor. You simply move the machine along.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

They don't have enough pump pressure or flow to deep clean a carpet. OK for maintenance cleans & car upholstery.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

No it isn't. It *is* bloody hard work, and I'd recommend getting someone else to do it.

Reply to
Huge

Whaddya mean! I've only got two so far!

MM

Reply to
MM

I never lend my tools to anyone on principle. Lending always destroys relationships, breaks friendships and upsets people generally. The last time I lent out something it came back buggered. And sheepish looks on faces don't pay the repair bill.

MM

Reply to
MM

Price?

MM

Reply to
MM

The machine you used must be very different to the one I used. It was only a bit harder work than hoovering, simply because the machine was twice as heavy.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

How about...if you don't kick up a sweat and find it hard graft the machine is not up to it. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Do we need a Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

30 years in the trade, including running my own carpet cleaning business and running training courses would seem to qualify me?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Only if there is a section on cleaning stair carpets. After many years of struggling to get carpets properly clean we have mostly given up and now have non-carpeted areas everywhere else! ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell