Careful with that tree...

Careful with that tree, watch out for the buildings, oh...

george - dicegeorge

Now that was good!

Reply to
Davey

Genius!

Reply to
Tim Watts

That didn't end in the way I thought it would.

Reply to
Adrian

f*ck me, it's the fed dibnah of the tree world :)

Reply to
Gazz

+1
Reply to
newshound

From the tree cutter's reaction at the end, he wasn't too sure himself.

Reply to
Nightjar

Far more skilled than me then I cut this one down after spending the afternoon in the pub (and the first time I had felled a tree). I had to shove the tree away from the neighbours shed when I heard the crack.

ARW

This content is currently unavailable The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Reply to
Graham.

A friend and I took four trees down yesterday morning.

One went the direction we thought it would. One went almost the right direction. The other two went - quite literally - 180deg out.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, not only was it in the gap, it was right in the middle.

Reply to
newshound

Yeah but how many videos did he shoot before uploading THAT one? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Fixed your post for you. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

I suppose its a picture or video of a cut down tree going the wrong way then? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The total opposite. You think it's sure to hit one or other of the two buildings, but when it drops, it fits absolutely perfectly in the gap, hitting nothing. In fact, more damage is done when it's dragged away then when it's felled.

Reply to
Davey

ISTR the almighty being included in the credits. The feller's thanks might have been routine.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Sounds as if you didn't cut a level bottomed wedge about 5/8th away across the trunk and at 90 deg to the direction you wanted the tree to fall. The cut from the opposite side horizontal and a little above the base of the wedge cut.

But I can't imagine that you could have cut 4 trees straight through and not had at least one of them "sit down" onto the saw and bind it very firmly.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There is also a post for an overhead electricity supply very close by, which I presume is a factor in his having to drop the tree between the two buildings. It is also worth mentioning that the gap the tree drops into looks to be only about 3-4 times as wide as the tree.

Reply to
Nightjar

Wedges definitely cut. It's just that two of them decided the wedge wasn't the direction they wanted to go. One of them was definitely because of an un-noticed angle to the entire trunk. (they're basically

5ft Xmas trees that've been grown in VERY close proximity for so long that they're now 5ft Xmas trees on top of a 50ft lollipop.)

The other one? Just bloody-minded, I think.

They weren't a great problem, though. The 15 or so that could've harmed anything were taken out at the start of the year by Western Power.

Reply to
Adrian

I had to have a larger Sycamore tree cut down a couple of weeks ago. Far too big and badly located for me to tackle. Expensive logs, it cost me £610.

See

if you want to see professional arborists at work.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike