Carbon neutral 'coal' for fires

I'm moving into a Victorian terraced house soon and one of the nice things about it was a real coal fire. Now this is in central London, so the current owners have been using smokeless coal. I'm not keen on burning coal and wonder what alternatives there are that are both smokelss and carbon neutral. Do such fuels exist? The fire itself is a small stove like appliance with glass doors and does nothing but heat the kitchen and back of the house. Mark.

Reply to
MJS

Charcoal?

Reply to