Car trailer - dimensions for custom made one?

Page 2 of 2
I would never move anything as fragile or valuable as computer equipment in a trailer - the bumping a jarring is certain to do some internal damage.
CPU's go on my back seat, strapped in and/or padded.
Screens ditto, but the CPU is what counts. Even a laptop in a padded case.

Hello Alasdair

Um, tricky. Small trailers are all hard springing IME. The only way you get them to bounce smoothly is to make them extremely heavy - over a ton before you get a decent ride. It's the same with a car, and they have much more sophisticated suspension, plus with a trailer you as a driver are quite insulated from what it's doing and your speed may creep up over bumps that lead to the trailer flying. (Very easy done with a light trailer).
Maybe for short distances over good roads, you could weight the trailer down with blocks to smooth it, but I wouldn't personally like to do this given the high value nature and fragility of the cargo.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK