Car Radio current while OFF?

How much current should a car radio draw while it is turned off (possibly to retain the settings and stop the code being lost)?

GPG

Reply to
GPG

It happens that GPG formulated :

It obviously depends on the radio, but of the order of 1mA.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

5mA max.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Anything from a few mA to a few hundred, depending on type.

Running a tracker on one car ruined its battery if not useed in the winter..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I took mine out, several months ago, because I got the impression that it was discharging the battery - car only did a few hundred miles per year, plus, as I now realise, the battery was on its last legs anyway. When it stops raining and I rediscover the code, perhaps I'll try re-installing it. By the way, the car is nearly 20 years old, and so is the radio; but I've got a new battery. I cannot recall what the current draw was - some was, no doubt, drawn by the clock, anyway.

GPG

Reply to
GPG