Car plastics

Okay, a bit off-topic for this NG, but I suspect some people will have knowledge of this.

I'm selling my car soon. Unfortunately, the plastic interior has become a bit scuffed, particularly on the back hatch door (a petrol can slid around and banged against it). But the facia around the dash has the odd scratch here and there too.

Now I'm guessing that some kind of gentle abbrasive liquid might help work the scuffs out, or perhaps even a very soft wet/dry paper (wetted). My dad recommends a polish but I don't really want to make it shine - just to make it look like like new, or as near as possible.

Any advice appreciated!

Reply to
Stinkoman

Shoe polish? Phil

Reply to
P.R.Brady

Smokers toothpaste?

-- Adrian

Reply to
Adrian C

A product called 'Son of a Gun' would you believe, it is made for this application.

It will leave everything with a terrible high gloss, which may impress your buyer but did not impress swmbo some years back when she had her car valeted.

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann