Car - lights on, indicator won't flash.

In message , Bob Martin writes

Slightly related, but in this case it seemed to be a design problem, never did find out why it happened.

A 4 wheel drive Renault traffic van we had some years ago had a strange problem with the hazard lights. If the ignition was off and the hazards on and the radio on, the radio would power on and off in time with the hazards!

Reply to
Bill

Totally unconnected, but you brought the memory back. My grandparents lived in Kentish Town back in the 50's and my grandfather always reckoned, with a twinkle in his eye, that their Christmas Tree lights flashed in time with the Belisha Beacon in the street outside.

Reply to
Tinkerer

Dilation of the pupil by the brigher beacon affecting the amount of light received from the tree lights?

Reply to
Andy Burns

But technically incorrect as the regs require the light to be lit on first initiation. :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

There was a similar problem with the Lotus Elise, have the side lights on and the engine kept running, but it wasn't all cars, maybe around

50% of them.

The problem was that on the assembly line two wires were swapped on the cigarette lighter socket, which still worked ok, but this meant there was a stray feed back through the lamp that lit it up that kept the ignition circuit fed from a direct battery feed.

Reply to
The Other Mike