Car immobilisers

Does anyone know who makes those cheap (old) car immobilisers that use a 1/4 inch mono plug with a few electronics inside their casing to turn them off. I have an old banger I wish to get back onto the road and would prefer to get a new plug than remove the immobiliser. At the moment I have used an old bread board to get the old dismantled/disintegrated plug to work so I have the code required to make a new one work.
TIA -- Adam
adamwadsworth@(REMOVETHIS)blueyonder.co.uk
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:49:10 GMT, "ARWadsworth"

Maplin might have something ? www.maplin.co.uk
regards Tim
peugeot used to do one and various others weren't always reliable thoug had to remove quite a few would recommend removal and buy a new one last time i checked diy kits started at about 40 squid