Car heater fan resistor pack thermal fuse query

If the clips are broken what should you do? Get a replacement housing from a scrap yard or is that rather involved? Do you improvise a better seal?

Reply to
Fred

DIY,

I used a little black windscreen "rubber" sealant between the cover's rubber seal and the windscreen.

I put a suitably sized plastic wall plugs in the holes the clips fitted into (holes in the metalwork of the chassis) and used some stainless self tapping screws into these plugs to hold the cover down tight.

Around 2000 to 2003 complaints about water getting into the passenger foot-well on a Ford Focus were common, especially after the first rain after a dealer service which included a pollen/cabin filter change. If the filter cover didn't leak the dealer had only charged for the filter, without changing it.

On the the lower specified cars no filter was fitted at manufacture although the design for the filter housing/cover was the same.

Reply to
alan