Car dash-mounted SatNav knowledge sort - or at least knowledge of how to clean the controls.

Our office X-Trail has a dash mounted SatNav that is operated via a small joystick. Left, right, up and down deflection of the joystick moves a cursor in those directions. Selection of a letter or function is done by pressing the joystick in - like a push button. All works well except the vital push button which is becoming increasingly erratic. I presume that there is some inadequate non-wiping switch on the back of the push button - maybe an awful 'conductive rubber pad across PCB pads' effort.

Short of stripping the dash - something that I'm unlikely to be allowed to do nor will I will able to do illegally as the car resides at the office - can anyone suggest a solution? Please!!!!

TIA

Richard

Reply to
RJS

Had similar problem with a universal tv controller. Probably has similar 'popper' buttons inside like the ones that always get flattened on key fob switches. Very fiddly to get at in my experience, but I've managed it once or twice in key fobs, so if you can get at the switch at all you might be able to unflatten it if you are lucky.

Spamlet

Ta

I was afraid that this would be the answer :-(

RJS