Car - but I respect the experience of this group

Took a headlight bulb out last night to check if it had gone (it hadn't, the bulb holder had burned out!!).
I fixed it all today but now the inside of the lens is a bit misted up. What is the best way of clearing it. I am thinking of removing the bulb and using a hair drier. If so, do I refit the bulb whilst it is all warm - or let it cool down first?
--

Regards

John

John wrote:

Fost of all, it prbably deosn't mater it being misted up. The hadlights wil dry it out anyway, tho a bag of silica gel mught not be a bad idea.
Fit it warm. Condesation is less on warm glass.
John wrote:

Just go for a drive with the headlights on - this will dry it out just fine.
--
Grunff

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:21:53 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Exactly what he was told on uk.rec.cars.maintainance!!
Dave

After a session with the hairdryer I decided to remove the unit - glad I did - there was about table spoons of water inside.
Baked it low temp in the oven and applied mastic to joint between lens and shell.
--

Regards

John